Sunday, June 03, 2012

Their Fifth Birthday: New Beds

Big-boy beds to celebrate a milestone. Five years old. Phooooo. Both climb into my lap as naturally as babies; Christopher's cheeks are still rounded and stained with that ephemeral young-child pink. Noah still says "Wes" for "yes", and I hope he will say so, to me, for years and years and years.

Yet they wrestle and bicker and Noah builds complex structures with Legos -- they have delicate pieces, he says -- and Christopher is mezmerized by baseball and can catch decently already and imitates the throwing position well enough to give me pause, as well as to make me giggle. They are boys saying goodbye to early childhood.



I love them so. They tell me that they will always be my babies and make baby noises just to please me. Before pinching one another just to annoy everyone in earshot. Hahhhhh.

Here they come, back from a bike ride with Daddy. They bang on the door!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Yay for big boy beds! Happy Birthday to Noah and Christopher!

ZipZip said...

Dear Jenni,

Both boys say "Thank You!"

Hugs,

Natalie