Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Embroidery Progress: Two Motifs Finished, and A Children's Milestone

Quick progress report: 2 motifs finished! Here's one:


Here's Muffin, enjoying the sunshine with me:


The working milieu was especially nice this morning. The boys were at nursery school, their last class day, so I brought out good coffee into the sunshine and copious sounds of birds: crows calling and their babies nickering, robins telling territory tales and fighting over the serviceberries, finches, and other birds I couldn't name. Such a peaceful time, and warm light to work in, a pleasant neighbor to talk to, and an unexpected and very welcome visit from my friend Caroline.


The last day of nursery school. There's a milestone I am loth to see pass. They have loved those Tuesdays and Thursdays. They have made friends, they have sung "And the Green Grass Grew All Around", they have rocketed under the maple trees on the playground playing "pirate police", they have loved their teachers and the process of learning. A gentle, slow, pleasurable introduction to school. For Curte and I, the joys of children's wobbly letters, construction-paper pictures, songs sung with hand motions, graces memorized to say at dinner. I will miss this safe, very happy, softly paced and nurturing place.

At nursery school fun night

2 comments:

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

Gosh Natalie, does this mean next stop 'real' school? How fast they grow up! I am feeling nostalgic too, reading your post.
And the flower embroidery is so sweet!

ZipZip said...

Dear Mrs. C.,
Nostalgic? You and me both! We just returned from their school spring program, where they sang like tuneful -- or tuneless, depending on your point of view -- little birds. Then we collected their pictures and projects, went and bought doughnuts, and came home. Now it's over and I am close to bawling.

Wish I could come on over to Maid Marion and ease the sorrow with a good bout of chat and sewing!

Hugs,

Natalie