Thursday, November 05, 2009

Silhouettes for Cards and Decorations for You: Part 1

A week or two ago I bought a series of small 1880s silhouettes that had been cut from a magazine. Thinking that copies of them would make pretty cards or small pictures, or even Christmas tree decorations, I photographed them, tried to clean them up a little and am posting them here for you to copy as you will. They are not under copyright as far as I can tell.

As always, please click on each image to get the larger version.

Here is set number 1.

Do enjoy!





2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I've done these and love silhouettes. My last pen and ink illustrations are based on them as well. They'll be on exhibit at the Clark Country Public library. I'm making some red ones for our tree:)

ZipZip said...

Dear Rebecca,

Oh, neat! Sure wish that I could see them. Any chance of photographs of them on your blog?

Hugs,

Natalie